Thursday, April 17, 2008

Ghost of Chelsea


Went with Van to meet MB at Cafeteria, and afterwards we walked back to work. We were passing all these guys I knew, and Van and MB of course assumed I'd slept with them all. I'm proud to say I haven't slept with those particular guys, but imagine the odds of that? We passed some queen with tighter pants than I'll ever squeeze into, and I wanted to say acidly to him, "Oh, honey - I understand," but I inhaled my bile, instead of uttering it, which is still novel enough to give me a secret thrill whenever it happens. As I was thinking that thought, I noticed that the woman in front of me was wheeling herself in a wheelchair while wearing a fur coat. Fabulous! I had to stifle a guffaw - that is so me-two-months-from-now! Of course if I was in a wheelchair, I would have to offset that fact with fur. I had to snap her picture, and I pray that she doesn't find this blog post (again, imagine the odds). I immediately knew I would blog about her, and that doing so would expand the worldview of this blog tremendously - instead of just blogging about my outfits, now I can say that I also blog about other people's outfits. As we passed that poor wheelchair-woman, Van noticed that she had a leopard-print kerchief wrapped around her face, and underneath that was a surgical mask. Buzzkill! Now I can't fool myself into thinking that was fabulous - she actually probably has serious medical issues. People always ruin the fun of me mocking them. : ( Anyway, we looked back after a couple of seconds, to get another look at the poor soul, but she had vanished, which gave me a good title for this post, at least.

No comments: