Monday, July 7, 2008

Kirstie Alley


Today, Van and I saw truly one of America's biggest stars - Kirstie Alley - on 17th and Park Avenue South. She was dressed in a shapeless frock, and had oily hair, but really, she didn't look all that bad. She was buying counterfeit purses from an African on the street. She haggled with him for a looooong time, and I became uncomfortable for her. I was hoping she would walk past me after she had selected a purse and made her purchase, so that I could ask her if things really had come to this? But she didn't - she made straight for her red SUV with Virginia plates, probably off to some Scientology Center for, presumably, a coffee enema.

Since my last post, I've heard from two of the four guys to whom I gave my number. I don't know if I'll ever see them, though. The ball, as it were, is in their court. I wonder what Kirstie Alley would do with these men who find it hard to commit? Probably eat them, I don't know. Still, her career path gives me some hope - thanks to Kirstie Alley, I know that there is so much further to sink. And yet I still love her! I really do.
In other news, my new "Band of Outsiders" coral button-up shirt from Barneys.com arrived via UPS today, which means I can't buy any new clothes this weekend. : (

1 comment:

Jesse Archer said...

Way to bag a shot of Kirstie Alley haggling a street salesman. You should've gone in for a closer shot. I'll bet Star Magazine would've paid you thousands for it.