Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Alia's necklace

I went to a dinner party at the always-delightful Alia H.'s house. Why am I talking about it on my fashion blog? Because I brought homemade cupcakes, baked from a recipe provided to me by a famous clothier! And because I wanted to see what Alia would be wearing at her own dinner party. She famously wears the same outfit every day to work - black and gauzy - and I was curious to see if she would "mix it up" at home. Nope! But she did accessorize with a wonderful necklace that invited one's gaze to wander ... well, I'll let you guess where my gaze wandered.

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

I had a cupcake for breakfast.

If you know what I mean.

Unknown said...

My approach to fashion was excessively influenced by what my mother told me about the French. According to mom (who has never, for the record, visited France), French women buy one or two good, expensive outfits per season and wear them to every party. I simply extend that philosophy to my work clothes, because isn't work really a party after all?

Jonathan said...

That explains all the French chicks wandering down Broadway with Uniqlo bags