Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year's Eve


I went with Chris to see Hedda Lettuce on New Year's Eve, at Chelsea Clearview Cinemas. Hedda did a "multimedia" presentation of "Mommy Dearest," which was totally hilarious. I laughed until I practically cried! But I'm always thisclose to tears, you know, so that doesn't mean anything. Then we watched Kathy Griffin and Anderson Cooper in Times Square on the movie screen. I don't know about you, but there's something about New Year's Eve that gets me choked up in the end, every time. I start the evening bitter, but get practically sentimental as midnight draws nigh. As the ball dropped, I was thinking about how every day is like New Year's Eve for me, because I love changing personas, lifestyles, thought patterns, like I love changing outfits. (Here I'm wearing John Smedley and BDG). Just as I was overcome with emotion and was about to stand in solidarity with the other people in the theater, the woman in front of me, who apparently was holding a fistful of glitter, threw it carelessly upwards, and it fell in one big clump in my lap. Chris took this picture. This is me, then, ready to stand and face 2011, if not for the lapful of glitter.

No comments: