Wednesday, February 17, 2010

H&M pants


Last year some time, I purchased a size 32 pair of dressy pants from H&M. I wanted to support H&M's movement into dressy territory. But it was something like 80 bucks! And, when I got the pants home, they didn't fit! I decided to punish myself with the pants, and I started dieting. Today was my first time wearing them, and they fit okay now. I work across the street from an H&M, and I briefly debated going in to the store, asking for the manager, and then telling him the whole saga. But I figured it would be too time-consuming. And the manager might ban me from the store for life, like the manager of the Phoenix bar did.



I used to sleep around with Nick Snider, the current "face of H&M," but it never went too far. He had limited interest in talking to me, and talking is what I like best about the fellows. I mean, I can sex it up with the best of them, but if there's nothing to say afterwards, my mind goes blank. But I follow his tweets now, and he seems to have an interesting interior emotional life. I worry, actually, that he's losing his mind.



And I used to date this fellow Joshua who worked at H&M Corporate. But he lost interest in me after I had a conversation about diseases with him. Someone told me later that they saw him featured in a Time Out New York dating feature. I laughed about it - ha! You couldn't pay me to advertise myself as a "single" looking for love in Time Out New York. But he was a good kisser, and a good kid, and I hope he's happy.

That's pretty much all I have to say about H&M.

2 comments:

JOHNATHAN WILBER said...

I, too, find that H&M exaggerates their sizes. Is it exaggerates? Or the opposite. Either way, their pants make me seem fatter than I am.

Paolo Mastrangelo said...

I once bought a pair of 32 jeans at H&M cause they looked great but they were way too big...I tried to convince myself I could alter them or something. I used to do stuff like that a lot. Now I know better, and am resigned to the fact that I am slender and trim, and can only wear 29 or 30's. Oh well.