Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Partners and Spade party


I went last week to a party at Partners & Spade. I forget what I was wearing, but I was in rare form. At one point, I went to chat up two cuties, but as I got closer, I realized that they were 12. I had fun chatting them up in a mentorly way, though. As it turns out, they were "recent" college grads (last May, I assume?) who were unemployed. They wanted to smoke pot with me, and didn't know who Jack Spade was. Two strikes! Well, one, at least.


At one point, my fashion nemesis, Joseph P., walked by and saw me chatting with the two teens - right as I was giving them my business card. (For a mentorly purpose, I swear! Plus, they were more into Kateri). Joseph gave me a knowing smirk and kept walking. I was so mortified! I had to chase after him and try to alter his perception of my conversation with the teens. I tried to make a circular pattern with my hand as I was talking to him, so that he would be hypnotized, and believe what I was saying.


I asked the teens how I could incorporate them into my fashion blog, and the cuter one said that his mother had just purchased him his blouse. So there you have it! That's all it takes!

No comments: