Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Why am I here?


Alyse wanted to go to see "The Painter Max Francis" at Anthology Film Archives, and I blithely agreed, inviting Luther and Paula, too. Never again! They didn't sell tickets online or on the phone, so I had to go to the theater early, in case it sold out! There was a line of people outside waiting already, so I had to join the line, and wait in the rain, like a gypsy. People will tell you that I HATE NYC lines! What's the point? If there's a line, I'm too old to be on it. Finally, 15 minutes before the movie was to start, they deigned to open the doors. But not to friendliness or customer service! Everyone who worked there was born in Williamsburg, and they didn't even sell concessions! I had to run to the deli for some popcorn (which Paula hid from me during the movie). Then, an insufferable q&a. Never again, Alyse. And just look at the crowd! All those people, and not a drop of makeup! But I was intrigued by Max Francis's explanations of Jungian psychoanalysis, and I did order a book on Amazon on the topic. So maybe soon my life will start over and I will learn to love again. Not likely, though! :)

No comments: