Friday, January 15, 2010

H.R.G.


Alyse, Luther, Paula, and Miss P. and I went to Epistrophy on Mott Street for some Italian food. Alyse is moving to California on Monday! I will miss her tthhhhiiiiisssss much. I asked her to take a picture of me, and this is one of them, wearing my brand-new horned-rim glasses. Remember when everyone was wearing hrg's about three years ago, perhaps in homage to H.R.G. from "Heroes?" Well, I loved them then, but I couldn't buy them until a few years had passed. I want to be hopelessly out-of-date, not current. When there's a craze, I usually wait until it dies down. I am already craze-y, and I never seem to have the right timing in other areas of my life anyway. In my youth, people would tell me, "I used to really like you five years ago." I wonder who will say that five years from now? Probably my coroner. And what will I be wearing five years from now? Perhaps a Moncler puffy coat. Unlikely, but you never know.

2 comments:

William.....Fritz said...

So are you finally going to start to wear that Trucker hat???

Unknown said...

how i love epistrophy ... is it also out-of-date?